Friday, October 21, 2011

TGIF! Gamers and Parenting

There's a fun article over at No High Scores (a decent blog/news site for computer gaming) about coping with life as a gamer after Baby arrives, and I definitely enjoyed reading it. I'm counting on my sheer enthusiasm and desire to at last have a kid to help shuttle me through the adjustment process of no longer being Master of My Own Time (as is my wife), but for some reason I am feeling more confident about it now than I was recently.

That said, I admit I fell into the mindset of, "got to get the gaming done before baby arrives. What gaming? ALL The Gaming!" I mean....in the last year just since February I've finished or exhausted Singularity, Cursed Mountain, Crysis, Crysis: Warhead, Dragon Age:Origins, Dragon Age Awakening, Fallout 3, Fable II, Enslaved, Halo: Reach, replayed Gears of War 1 and 2, Transformers: War for Cybertron, Dead Rising, Dead Rising 2, Red Dead Redemption, Blur, Split/Second, Burnout: Paradise City, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Aliens vs. Predator, and likely a handful of other less memorable games and countless DLC packs. And this is not even counting many hours logged on WoW (which I have been cold turkey from for a few months now) Dungeons & Dragons Online and Champions. I finished virtually all of these just in the last eight or nine months. I am a sick man, and need help. Or Something. That's effectively more games than I've finished in the previous four years. When I look at the list I'm...well...damn. I don't know where I've found time to blog, re-watch the entire nine seasons of X-Files on Netflix, and still pull 45-50 hour work weeks.

And my wife? She's run out of room for her level 85 characters on Wyrmrest Accord. She's got 10 of them. Just on that server. So yeah. 

Anyway, I think I've worked it out of my system. As my wife's put it to her guildies: she's not going to be available to heal on raids starting late next month, she's got a brand new level 1 human almost out of character creation, and its going to take a looooong time to level him up!



No comments:

Post a Comment