Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Dumbassery in New Mexico

Hey look its my state of New Mexico making news at Popehat. Yaaaay NM dumbassery. Sigh.

Central New Mexico Community College is actually where I and/or my wife have considered going to take some courses for fun.* A lot of people locally attend CNM for continuing education, or to get back to school to pursue an A.A. or A.A.S. degree while working. There are students attending for their two years before transfer to UNM, sure, but good grief. This is college, not a high school.

So yeah, shutting down the CNM newspaper over a matter of a bit of educational sex talk...something the local Alibi has in spades anyway, is a bit like turning off the faucet in the bathroom at the Hoover Damn in order to stem the flow of water down the river.





*I keep thinking I really need to take Spanish classes. I grew up in Arizona....why didn't I then? Nope, I had to study German and Japanese. Cool languages, but not as useful in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment