Thursday, September 17, 2015

Major Milestone! (family stuff)

Just a minor family milestone...took my son to see Avengers: Age of Ultron tonight. He was quick to recite the "movie rules" and was very, very well behaved....he made it through a 2 1/2 hour movie without once breaking the rules! Dad was very proud. Avengers: Age of Ultron is now "his favorite movie" and apparently mine is Guardians of the Galaxy --we can't both have the same favorite movie, I am told--there's a rule somewhere, or maybe the Society of 3-5 year olds' all voted on this at pre-k. That is, unless it's Batman, then it's okay....everyone's favorite movie must also be Batman.*

Oh, and he's in to taking my digital camera and doing selfies, too:



And stealth shots of Dad too:


All told he filled up my camera's memory with over 200 photos and videos made by himself and his little buddies. And he's not even 4 until Thanksgiving!



*Which Batman? ALL the Batman

8 comments:

  1. wow, mini Tori, he is getting big. I think last picture I saw of him he was still in diapers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah I haven't posted any family pics for a while!

      Delete
  2. That's just good parenting right there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie rules:
      1. Be polite
      2. Sit still
      3. No noise
      4. No jumping up and down
      5. be quiet
      6. no waving hands
      7. don't bug other people

      ....alas, the movie rules were solidified after an "incident" a couple months ago when we tried to watch Tomorrowland at the $1 theater and had to leave early because 1-7 were all rapidly violated. After that my wife and I instituted the Movie Rule policy to go along with the restaraunt rules and grocery store rules policies....

      Delete
    2. Lol but he might insist on it one day.... My kid is very concerned about rules and processes

      Delete
  3. do you send memo's to his email box when there are changes to policies? Does he have to fill out a TCP report as punishment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've unleashed a monster. When we're in restaurants or theaters we have to recite the rules now. Hopefully a phase he grows out of!

      Delete
    2. By which I mean: he insists on it, and then he watches us for violations!

      Delete