Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Edition war fatigue sets in early

I concede that I am really, really tired of edition wars, and all of this discussion is reminding me of the crap that went down during the pre-and-post MRQ days (never mind the D&D edition wars). I hate it, and it turns me off of any version of RQ as a choice very quickly. These days I have Fantasy AGE, D&D 5E and Pathfinder to enjoy, which are three systems around which no barrel full of contention is spewing (for the most part), as well as a ton of miscellaneous retroclones. I'll probably back away from all of this noise and quietly watch from the sidelines for the next year or two, while jealously guarding my BRP Gold Book and Magic World tomes. (Oh, and maybe find time to play the hell out of what is now being called The Design Mechanism House System)

No comments:

Post a Comment