Friday, July 25, 2014

Son's first RP session with Dad

First off last night was a special night for ol' dad as my 2 1/2 year old son, whose really been in to the Power Rangers lately, did something new: he started play acting with me. He was the "red samurai ranger" and I got to be the "blue samurai ranger" although later I changed to the black ranger apparently because I had a black t-shirt on. He grabbed up a couple plastic bamboo swords from his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toys and we had to duel and pretend to fight nylocks (demons?) from the show. This was the first time he'd done this. I've sometimes asked him things like, "Are you going to be a power ranger?" in the past and he'd strongly answer, "No! I'm Marcus!" which cracked me up.....but tonight he migrated to a realm of pretend role play. Nice! Dad is pleased....albeit amused that it turns out the first form of RP we ever experience in life will inevitably be ad-hoc LARP.

It also amuses me that my son already can pronounce "samurai" perfectly at 2 1/2. I think I was all about army men and nazis at that age....didn't have Netflix, color TV, touch screens or any of the cool stuff my son does when I was growing up!!!! Woot I get to play "when I was your age" in real life now.
This version of the Power Rangers, because it turns out there are a lot of different versions

No comments:

Post a Comment