Monday, September 29, 2014

Covert Ops RPG

On referral from you the readers I ordered Covert Ops RPG from DwD Studios, which as it turns out is such a cool game that I plan to pick up Barebones Fantasy next. I just got my copy this weekend so no in depth review yet, but its an elegant and easy percentile/D10-based system for running modern and near future covert ops/espionage adventures. The hard cover edition from rpgnow is loaded with all you need to play, but I picked up a print module and also ordered both the initiative cards and condition cards for the game. The production quality of Covert Ops as well as the interesting design have me keen to play....it's very quick to get fully functional PCs up and running, and I think my Wednesday group will be interested in trying this sucker out.



DwD also has an "Equipment Pack," consisting of a box with GM screen and "bones" counters on their main site, which I plan to pick up ASAP. Nice!

2 comments:

  1. I'm very interested in hearing what you have to say on this one. I had been quasi-following it for a bit, because I am big fan of Spy Games and other modern and pseudo-modern settings. I wonder how easy this would be to convert AEG's Stargate SG-1 stuff to...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also interested! I've been keeping an eye on this one and am very curious what opinions are. I just recently got into the old Top Secret S/I game and would love to hear how new games compare.

    ReplyDelete