Monday, September 26, 2011

More Hints of Monte Cook

If you're not in the loop, Monte Cook has been brought back aboard in some capacity for design work at Wizards of the Coast. Many (myself included) consider this a good thing. Rule of Three addresses some of the questions about what this means (and what Monte is doing) here.

I'm pretty comfortable now betting on a 5th edition of some sort in 2014, although if we don't see some talk of an open playtest by the end of next year then I might revise that estimate again.

UPDATE: Monte's first Legends & Lore column is up here. Reactions have been....interesting, to put it mildly. Myself....I think I'll wait until I see a couple more culmns from Monte before assuming he's too out of touch with the current audience for D&D, but it does sort of feel like that.

Alexandre Benois!

No comments:

Post a Comment