Wednesday, September 19, 2012

More D&D Reprints Incoming



Armchair Gamer broke the news on rpg.net thanks to some Amazon-fu revealing listings for the Unearthed Arcana 1st edition seeing a reprint in February 2013, as well as the 3.5 Spell Compendium. You can find the Unearthed Arcana link here and the Spell Compendium here. At $59.95 the spell compendium is a bit pricey for a book I never used when it was new, so I am not sure I have an interest in getting it....but the chance to own an Unearthed Arcana that isn't falling to pieces is well worth the $49.95 price tag (minus discounts, since no one buys this stuff undiscounted anymore, it seems).

If this is February's lineup, it makes me very hopeful that we'll see more of the classic 1st edition content reprinted, and with any luck some of my old favorites from 3.5 as well. 1st editio Fiend Folio, anyone?

It's really amazing to see WotC doing this. I've never understood why gaming companies (well, the big ones) didn't treat their back catalog as a "keep in print as long as there's even a bit of demand" sort of deal like regular book and comic publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment