Monday, December 25, 2017

Deathbat's Xmas Haul

Well, Xmas is here and already half gone! While my wife and son are meticulously assembling this:


Dad is also working with this:


...Which if I suspect things go the way I imagine, I'll probably be spending more time with the little guy than my son is! It's really an impressive piece of tech, and a cool little robot to boot, but my son's excitement for it seems to be less than he thought it would be, and mine is more than I thought it would be.

But for me, here's the haul Camazotz got for Xmas:


The World War Cthulhu: Cold War series has three books out (sadly probably no more as Cubicle 7 is about to lose its license to publish for Call of Cthulhu), but I now have the core book, Section 46 Operations Manual, and Covert Actions scenario book. These are great resources for a 70's era cold war CoC campaign using the 7th edition rules, and you should find them before they are out of circulation!


It was definitely a Merry Cthulhumas for me, as I also found a copy of Down Darker Trailers, the Chasoium sourcebook on the Wild West, Cthulhu style. So far really liking this. I predict new CoC campaigns in the 1880's (and 1970s) for my group very soon!


Then there's this gem: The Things We Leave Behind, a series of six gruesome modern day scenarios for CoC 7E by Stygian Fox Press. Each scenario promises to deal with grim and gruesome contemporary mystery/murder themes with a focus on the horrific elements of human nature. What I've read so far looks very promising.


Also, more Starfinder! Looks like I have lots of incentive to resume running Starfinder in 2018, probably using the Dead Suns adventure path.


Speaking of which, I would be remiss if I didn't mention Twin Peaks: The Return special Blu-Ray release! This fantastic compilation lets you view the 18 episode run in a series of 9 feature-length films. In a year of cinematic blockbusters and Hollywood over-saturation, Twin Peaks: The Return was the only thing I saw all year that was truly new, unique and inspiring in that special David Lynch way, and should not be missed by his fans or anyone into the Modern Weird.


Anyway...merry Xmas from The Deathbat Clan!


No comments:

Post a Comment