Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Good News Everyone! Deluxe Tunnels & Trolls is looking good
Rick Loomis released a beta test version of the Deluxe T&T rules to backers today. If you're a backer check your email. I'll say this:
1. What's released so far is formatted and in layout with art and looks very clean and orderly.
2. It's already got 105 pages done but the page count says it should be 178 pages long plus a 16 page quickstart in the back ("short form rules")
3. I like what they did with talents in this iteration, it's a smart and not overly "baby with the bathwater" way to deal with it.
4. The art in the beta is awesome.
5. This looks like a version of T&T I really want to play. Like, yesterday. Right now. Damnit!
Since they still have the spell lists and other stuff yet to go, I'm guessing we'll probably not see this in time for August GenCon but maybe we'll see it before the D&D 5E DMG releases in November.