Friday, June 3, 2022

Mothership - Ships of Madness

 So yes, last night's game was a load of fun. I am doing something a bit unorthodox (but I have used this style before), in which the story is told from two opposing angles, and the players are literally playing two different groups of characters. That meant, essentially, that last night's session as really two two-hour long sessions, one for each group.

When I last did this in D&D, it was with the knowledge neither group was going to meet; the story just got to play out from two different angles and regions of the game. But this scenario is assuming both groups are in close proximity and may eventually meet. I am not a huge fan of saddling the players with multiple PCs, however, so the expectation is that the two groups will have potentially high attrition by the time they converge, and then the players can see who survives. Its almost like a more ornate version of the DCC style funnel crawl.

Anyway....as expected, last night was a great game, and I appreciate Mothership as it reminds me every time that I am indeed deeply invested in it, and enjoy GMing, I just need to accept that it can be perfectly okay to park D&D sometimes and let that battery recharge, so to speak.


No comments:

Post a Comment