Wednesday, June 29, 2011

PvP - The Monkey on the Back of Experience-Driven Gamers

League Of Psychotic Murderers

I like to think of myself as more of an "experience driven" gamer, which means I usually play games, be they tabletop or computer, to have a good time, enjoy a good story, and on rare occasion feel a sense of immersion (which I equate to "good suspension of disbelief"). So Penny Arcade's comic today about League of Legends is especially amusing, since my wife is of a similar mindset and not long ago a bunch of her WoW guildies tried to recruit her into their LoL mania....with results of similar nature. For me, insert "Black Ops," or the name of any other excellent game in which bots are available and are frankly more humane and considerate opponents than the average dedicated pvper and you've pegged my typical experience for such as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment