Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Amazing Adventures second printing Kickstarter!

It's been a while since I mentioned Amazing Adventures, what with my predilection for distraction and all, but I wanted to mention that this is A Real Thing and that if you are into pulp adventure gaming you should check out AA. It's built on the Castles & Crusades SIEGE Engine, and introduces pulp 30's adventure into the mix. As a game about pulp action its great, with old school mechanics layered on a genre savvy presentation of the pulp era. Even if you only love fantasy gaming, getting Amazing Adventuers could facilitate that awesome Steampunk Fantasy campaign you might want to run with C&C.

Anyway, you can read about it at Elf Lair Games here and view the Kickstarter here.


I'm keen to have a hard cover edition of AA and also like the idea of the "Manual of Monsters" as well. so I'll go in on the $45 level. Even though my fantasy gaming is dominated by D&D 5E these days, which fills my much needed spot for fantasy gaming, I believe that AA is a great resource for pulp gaming and like what is being proposed here. Even better, Jason Vey and the Trolls are good for it: they always deliver.

Here are some site links on AA:

The Realms of Chirak review/overview of Amazing Adventures

Making a Rocket Man adventurer in Amazing Adventures


2 comments:

  1. Hey, if there's anything I can do to get you in at the $99 level, say the word ;). The Amazing Adventures Companion really has the potential to blow the doors off the game with not only new classes and new ways to approach existing classes, but stuff like expanded vehicle rules, a new sorcery system that incorporates corruption and madness, live-action rules, rules for sub-genres of pulp, secret societies, mystic locales, and a ton more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that was all the sales pitch I needed...! You've got me in at the $99 level now and I threw in $15 for the GM Screen too.

      Delete