Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Kickstarter...!



Oh boy, another Kickstarter I probably will feel obligated to back. Hell, it's even from Chaosium, which I am terminally used to forgiving for late deadlines so this one could run behind schedule (technically I think it already has, pre KS) and I'd still be okay with that.

Call of Cthulhu 7th edition is an interesting experiment, because the designers have a goal of actually upgrading the system a bit, which technically hasn't happened in a long time; CoC, like most BRP games, has very modest changes from edition to edition, almost invisible to the casual eye. From what I've read and heard the changes sound interesting, and not terribly invasive.....but they will definitely give this edition a different "upgraded" feel from CoC 6th and earlier.

One thing I am not keen on is the split to two rulebooks. Sure, I appreciate the intent (keep the stuff out of the player's hands that only the GM should see) but I'd personally prefer an all-in-one rulebook supplemented by a "player's guide" book with just the choice player bits inside.

The deal I want would be the $100 one (hard covers of both) but baby may need a new pair of shoes (his danged feet are already toddler 7 1/2!!!!) so that may not be feasible. We shall see.....

Thanks to Tim at The Other Side for bringing this one to my attention!


No comments:

Post a Comment