Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Level Up! A5E vs. Pathfinder 2E

 In consideration of my earlier post I realized, after some thought, that I had talked myself in to playing a known quantity (Pathfinder 2E) over the lesser known and intriguing Level Up! A5E. In truth, I really should lean in to trying out Level Up* if only because it is such an interesting reimaginig of 5th edition, and one which I think will be a more generally satisfying experience to everyone at the table. The nuance and additional layers of complexity that add to story elements (not merely rules) introduced to 5E in Level Up is really interesting and I absolutely want to see that in action.

I have proposed a PF2E game for some future off-night, though, to those in my player groups who are keen on it. We'll see. But honestly.....whichever group needs a shift first (and probably the Wednesday game night to be honest), Level Up should be the next thing I propose.



*Dropping the "!" and by the way, Morrus really needs to learn to name his game systems with better titles!

No comments:

Post a Comment